Monday, August 31, 2009

Ice Skating, and photos

Today, Micah was invited to a birthday party at an ice skating rink. I had only taken the boys skating once, last winter, but they both really enjoyed it. I usually go to the rink in Framingham, which is VERY cold, but this party was at the rink in Marlboro, which is nicer and warmer.It was for a girl in Micah's new combined-grade class (first and second together), and it was a great way for the kids to reconnect right before school starts on Wednesday. And of course siblings were welcome to skate - private rink time!

So both boys had fun:Photobucket

And guess who else LOVED it:
Photobucket

I couldn't keep her off the ice. She did ok, as long as someone was holding her. My friend B took a turn:
Photobucket
and that's basically what I looked like (except much shorter!) while holding her. It was a lot of fun, but my back aches from bending over her!

Yesterday I took the kids out to the Ecotarium in Worcester. Our friends met us for a while, and after they left, we took a little stroll through the gardens. I tried to get a picture of all three kids for my Rosh Hashanah greetings, but Sofia was tired:
Photobucket

But I did manage to get a terrific shot of Micah:
Photobucket

Some other photos to share (just downloaded the camera...) - Here are Micah, A&A and Micah's friend B when we went to the Mass Horticultural Society gardens last week:
Photobucket

Some lovely flowers:
Photobucket

The three girls on a giant rocking chair:
Photobucket

Just Sofia:
Photobucket

who then got sleepy:
Photobucket

Horseback Riding at our neighbor's birthday party:
Photobucket

And Cowgirl Sofia with Daddy and Sammy:
Photobucket

And one final one, Miss Sofia making a break for it at the beach in Maine:
Photobucket

1 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Sofia, You look amazing ice skating. I'm glad you liked it. The beach looks fun too.