Tuesday, May 22, 2007

She's a TODDLER!

Today, I walked into the living room and found my precious baby standing on the desk chair, reaching for the higher shelves in the bookcase.

Right now she's "sorting" the pile of papers on my floor.

She's teething again, and has been joining me for late-night TV for several evenings.

She pushes other kids (especially her brothers, but also kids at playgroup).

She yells at her OT. And at me.

This afternoon she climbed up on my bed, propped up a pillow, grabbed the remote, and settled in.

She will hug any man who comes near her, but will barely wave to women (she's afraid I'll ask them to babysit!). Today she practically lept into the arms of her brother's friend's dad (who IS really cute, I admit!).

And she's decided that "Cheese" (sign and verbal) is her all-purpose "feed me" word, so she says it about a gajillion times each day.

Today she flat-out refused to eat carrots, previously her favorite food.

And although she does not say the word, she knows how to shake her head to indicate NO.

She's TWO!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

f.

3 comments:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

OY VEY you are in big trouble....those terrible two's. ANd want ou to know girls are worse then boys with ther strong willed and stubbornness.

HUGS!

Unknown said...

Ah, the Terrific Two's!!!!! Now is the time for Poetry in Motion......Sophia is just so beautiful!

I love the picture in your profile of you in Israel.

My hubby was just there this week!

I so hope that we can meet up with you IRL someday soon.....I'd love to sit and chat and the children play together.

Peace and love, TM

FBF Rothkopf said...

Yikes - she couldn't POSSIBLY be worse than Micah was at that age, could she???! I don't think I'll survive that! (Ask Brenda about his tantrums...but she may have blocked the memory...)

TM, name the date, and we will indeed IRL with you! Where was hubby, and did he see Adina and Yona (we got to spend a day with the whole family when we were there in December).