Thursday, February 21, 2008

Surviving Vacation Week

Barely! Let's see...Tuesday, I had to run errands with the kids - post office, grocery store. Got home to find the cleaning ladies already started (which was a little problem, since I'd gone to the grocery store to get their supplies!). Grabbed Sam's guitar, took the kiddies to lunch. (For the life of me, I can't remember where now).

Sofia fell asleep in the car, so I got to stay outside during guitar lesson and Tae Kwan Do. Fortunately, Sam went to Micah's TKD class, so we weren't there too long.

Sofia slept more than 3 hours, which of course meant she was awake until after 10pm. E had tried to put her down after dinner, but she got up again. So I watched "The Cutting Edge" (old ice skating movie) with her. Finally got her down, and I watched "Truth about Cats and Dogs", so I was up past midnight. (Oh, and my cable modem had died, so no surfing the web).

Wednesday at 5:30am I heard Micah arguing with Sofia. Sigh. She'd wandered into his room when she woke up. We groggily made it through the early morning hours. the boys watched way too much TV (this week, they have been Pokemon addicts). Eventually, I realized we'd have to DO SOMETHING.

I tried finding someone to come with us, but to no avail. So we ended up running a quick errand at shul, picking up some books at the store, and I took all three kids to the Museum of Fine Arts. I'm insane.

Actually, it wasn't too bad. As soon as we got there, we had lunch. We sat at a table with an older gentleman (it was very crowded), and had a lovely conversation about the kids and travel. Sofia CHOWED on tofu stir fry with noodles!

The MFA does a lot of good kid stuff during vacations, so there were several art projects for them to try. Eventually the boys got tired. Sofia was a but of a train wreck. She'd only slept in the car about 20 minutes, and never napped again. So she was a bit whiny. For a while she was wheeling the carriage.

Got home around 4:30, E arrived at 5. Early dinner, Sofia asleep early. The boys watched "The Lone Ranger" and played a bit until bedtime. I was exhausted, so I went to sleep around 10. David got home much later (from Detroit).

Today, I had told the boys NO TV, and they were really good. Sofia was all over David - she's such a daddy's girl.

I cleaned up the house, and took the kids to Comcast to exchange the cable modem (that worked!), and grocery shopping. Again, Sofia slept about 10 minutes. Home for lunch, a little relaxing, and then my Stampin' Up party started.

Stampin' Up is another you-sell-it craft company, with WAY COOL rubber stamps. I can take orders until Monday, so PLEASE take a look at their website and see if you want to order anything! Yes, I get credit, to use toward all the things I want to buy!

Only 2 friends, R & D, came, but since they are 2 of my closest friends, that was terrific. They each have a girl in Sam's class, and one younger (R's daughter is in 2nd grade, and D's just turned 4). Sofia had a blast hanging out, and Micah was rnning the show. Sam stuck with the grownups for the craft presentation. Then we had all the kids do a stamp project, too.

It was fun. We had pizza after, and they all stayed past 7pm. Sofia was practically passed out. Boys took some time to settle down. Sam was a little crazy again.

David is still at work - I hope he gets home in time for "Lost"!


amy flege said...

wow girl. dont you think you could squeeze just a few more things into your day.. haha NOT!!! you are one busy lady!!!